Members of Land’s End Area Accommodation Provider (LEAP) have taken steps to inform themselves about the DDA and a large percentage have attended the “Welcome All” course, and advised others on implementing opportunities to become more DDA compliant.
Much of our accommodation is in listed, traditional style buildings, but we endeavour to make them accessible to as many people as possible. Members are exploring ways of using ground floor rooms for guests with special mobility needs.
We would like our visitors to feel welcome and relaxed and are working towards taking the following measures to ensure you have a happy stay in West Penwith.
- handrails fitted in showers and bathrooms
- non-slip bath mats provided
- rugs in bedrooms secured
- guests asked to provide details of special diets; allergies or any other special requests
- LEAP website is DDA compliant
- large print information available
One property has a purpose built room for wheelchair access and this is at the North Inn in Pendeen.
Each property is unique, so please enquire at your chosen destination to ensure that your own special needs can be catered for.